Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dare Yourself, Be easy on yourself

So here I am, 2nd week of my challenge to dare myself to do things I never considered doing, and already telling you to take it easy, i.e. be easy on yourself.
Believe me it's no less task to just go with the flow and take it easy.

First of all, this has been a busy crazy week at work for me (beauty of financial planning and analysis). Second of all, it was my birthday and as tired as I was, I still managed to have some wine with my friends who brought me many many beautiful flowers (at 10pm when I got home). Seriously this year has been the most beautifully flowered for me (can I say that?...)
Then I was still trying to squeeze in some outrageous thing into my routine as promised. and believe me I gave it my best effort. I tried to get up at 5:45am to make it to a 6:30am yoga class. No luck there. there is always another time...
Then I tried to go to a social event all by myself and try to approach a guy I liked and ask him on a date. Who was I kidding..
Then I tried.. What else did I try - I simply don't remember. I do remember that I spent 1.5 hours listening to the country music, the whole time believing that it would cut it for my challenge. To my biggest surprise, I didn't hate it, I even didn't mind it that much. I think I was so swamped with work that I simply enjoyed the country music effect on me: proving that it could be worse...

Anyway, in the end I simply accepted the fact that this week would be unoriginal, just whatever. I would simply get through it as easy and smoothly as I can. And besides, I still managed to meet all my deadlines at work and did a good job, I managed to make it to my yoga class every day, I finally did one pose I was so anxious to do from the beginning I started practicing yoga, I managed to have a 15 min lunch one day this week (really?), I managed to have multiple orgasms a few times (myself:), I managed to respond to all my personal (vs. work related) emails and texts within reasonable time... But most of all, I managed to let myself just be. I was gentle and easy with myself, encouraging along the way "Just hang in there and you'll get your sleep soon, and you'll be rested and restful very soon!" and so I did.

Next week will be another story:) and I already have it all lined up. Believe me it should be only more exciting.
Nite all!






2 comments:

  1. Dearest Sasha,

    You have proved to be more than resourceful with your eventful time. The real New Yorker indeed!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New York is waiting for you. few weeks left!
      love

      Delete