Monday, August 13, 2012

Dare Yourself, Move Your Body

Cheers All,

I haven't given up on my "Dare Yourself" series, in case you were wondering. Giving up simply isn't my style, you should know it by now. The truth is this summer has been super busy, and probably for the first time in 11 years, I've been having a lot of summer fun. I was excited to witness my skin getting darker, and face freckles having a come back. Seriously I hadn't seen them in over 11 years!! They are back and I've never loved them more.

If you recall, most of the "dares" I've undertaken so far had to do with life situations, love, friendship and dating. This time, however, I've decided to challenge my body.

Daring acts:

1) Learn how to surf;
2) Learn pole dancing.

Course of action:

1) I always knew if I were to be born and spend my childhood by the water, surfing would be a big part of my life. I've always been drawn to all things that have to do with water: beach, boats, swimming pools, oceans, seas, lakes, ponds, rivers, yachts, surf boards, bikinis, even showers (which I take at least twice a day). What can I say, I am the happiest when I am by/in the water. Maybe because I am a Pisces, or maybe because it makes me see and appreciate the beauty of nature like nothing else. Final word: my last day on Earth I would want to spend on the beach by the water :)

Digressing aside, since this Summer I discovered an easy escape to the beach (covered on my blog NY Life), and it became basically a weekly routine for me, surfing entered my mind. Believe it or not, there is a big surfing community on Long Island. Who knew? Naturally it was just a matter of time before I met some surfers, and trying surfing became the next logical step. So far I've only tried it a couple times, and I had fun. I can't say it comes as easily as horseback riding, but the waves are not the most forgiving on LI. Still, I am holding strong. I feel the waves :)
Will keep you all updated. But for now, I can definitely say that there is nothing more freeing and exciting than getting out there and riding the wave. One day, I'll be standing high, I'll be riding free.

2) Pole dancing: don't ask why. I think because it's sexy, it's fun. And you should see those girls, they have killer abs and bums. First class is this Thursday. Will let you all know how it went!

Word of inspiration: Challenge yourself. Try new things. Let your body move, let it live.












No comments:

Post a Comment