Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The High Road

-- To be a man is, precisely, to be responsible. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

-- The price of greatness is responsibility. - Winston Churchill

Quick note: this is an inspirational post. Not a desert serving, but a direct message on how to live life authentically.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about people and what trait I absolutely require from myself and those who want to be present in my life. It's responsibility. Simple? Not really, and, for some reason, underestimated in our world. 
Now, responsibility has a broad meaning but no matter how you look at it, it always entails strength, acceptance, courage and character. The highest level of the trait, for me, is when one takes responsibility for his/her own life. Yes, it's easy-breezy when everything is going well and to our liking. But the highest and most freeing way is to take responsibility for Everything that happens, be it good or bad.

It's that knowledge and acceptance that we attract everything that happens to us, either consciously or subconsciously. Not being able to accept this truth is the weakest way to live life. It's always one's choice which way to go: take the higher road and have power over your life, or take the lower one and never have freedom. I always choose the former, and encourage those around me to do the same. Some don't like it, and disappear from my life. Some embrace it, and join me. And some are already living it with me.

I inspire you to be free. Take charge, take responsibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment