Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Most Important Thing

Nite lovers,

So it just happened that today I did some heavy thinking. Yes, it happens more than I'd like to admit, but let me get away with this one as a rare occurrence :) just for once please...
Well, I was thinking what is the most important thing to me in this life? What is the only thing I'd need if the world turned upside down, and there was nothing else to hold on to? What would be the only thing without which life no longer made sense?
And in my mind, the answer was so clear, so obvious.
I just want to always stay true to myself. Yes, that simple.
As I looked back at my life, I realized that the most important thing all my life was to be able to be authentic. It was only during those moments when I wasn't when I'd lose my way, I'd become doubtful, I'd make mistakes.

Then I was thinking whatever happened in my life as long as I was being true to myself, I'd always get through it. It'd all work out for the best, it'd all make sense in the end.
And I don't mean just challenging times, although those require our authenticity the most. I also mean the best times, when we are happy and everything seems to be going our way. Cause even then, we know that it's all fleeting, and there are hard times lying ahead of us. Everything in life is really just a phase we are going through.

Life is not easy. Don't believe whoever says it is. But we can make it worthwhile, and the only way to do it is to stay true to ourselves. Just think about it, from day 1 on this Earth to the very last day, the only person who'll always be there for you is really You. People come and go, things happen, but you always stay. By being true to yourself you choose the highest road. You choose what's best for you, and ultimately best for those around. And the opposite, not being true to yourself, you let things happen to you, let others take control over your life. And life is nothing if it's not one's life.

I know it's some heavy thinking for a late Friday nite. But don't disregard it, cause this is probably the only most important thing we need to learn in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment