Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peeling away layers

Cheers lovers,

It's been awhile since I wrote here. It's been more of a journal writing for me these days. Summer was eventful; I traveled, I met with old friends, I made new ones, reconnected with the family. Overall it's been a very social time for me, and I enjoyed it more than an independent New Yorker would allow.

My path to authenticity has been going through the phase of peeling away layers. All those masks and layers I'd accumulated to fit in, to be accepted, to be "one of us". How many of them have I been carrying wrapped around my soul, a multitude of layers so thick that the voice of my soul got lost and stranded before it could find its way back. No wonder, I've been lost all these years.

I knew a lot needed to be shed. I started with the top layers, and one by one they began to peel away. Let me tell you it's a painful process. Those layers get ingrained, deep rooted. Peeling them away is like waxing the most sensitive parts of our bodies. Naturally, tears started flowing.

Yes, those truthful crocodile tears running down your cheeks fast, then turning to loud sobbing, then back to crying, and so on till there is no water left.

Dated back in Sept 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment